The benefits of a dynamic workflow management system
First things first: What is a workflow management system?
Workflow management systems (such as Pipefy) are a step up from simple task management.
Instead of having a pre-designed management interface to which you have to adapt, they offer you the possibility of customizing the structure to create your own business processes.
Workflow systems can be used to define processes that suit the way you work perfectly while being easy to regularly modify and make small (or big) changes to improve your business performance even further.
These workflow management systems provide important features and benefits that simple task and support/ticket management systems lack, such as:
- The tool adapts to the business process and not the other way around: expecting your team to change the way they work to adapt to a tool makes the process harder instead of easier.
- They’re easy to adapt/modify on the go: business processes are constantly evolving and it’s expected that some changes will be necessary. Working with a flexible system that allows operations staff to easily tweak the processes while they work is a must-have.
- Different teams can use a single platform to manage and automate their systems: flexible workflow management systems allow different teams to manage different processes on a single tool, lowering the time spent having to learn to use different tools as well as the cost of maintaining multiple platforms.
- Automate communication with team members/customers: most dynamic workflow management systems allow you to setup pre-designed, automated emails to inform both your team members and your customers of important steps or events on your processes, saving time and money that would be spent on manually writing hundreds of emails.
- Integrate systems to eliminate human error: dynamic workflow management systems are normally easy to integrate with most (if not all) systems different teams already use. Not only does integration helps lower the process management costs, it also goes a long way towards preventing human error.
Got it, so why should I use a dynamic workflow management system?
Simple task/ticket management systems aren’t always enough for every process. For starters, most of these less complex systems suffer from a few fundamental limitations that make it almost impossible to manage some processes. To begin with (and as I mentioned above), most of these systems have less flexible structures that demand teams to adapt to them instead of the other way around.
This means that, while they can be easily used for standardized processes that work exactly the same on all organizations, they’re not quite enough for specific processes each organization does differently.
Also, their general structure supports little to no customization, which means that the tool in itself dictates the way a process to be done. This means that every time a process evolves naturally and demands changes, there’s a high chance of the tool being abandoned/exchanged.
Last (but not least), the aforementioned systems rarely offer the possibility of integrating with other IT systems. This limitation means that these platforms will most likely generate more work as they demand manual task and data management.
Evolving from simple task/support management systems means experiencing dynamic, flexible structures that allow each of your team members to adapt and create their own processes.
Using Pipefy allows each of your company’s teams to save a whole lot of time they’d spend managing daily work. Its flexible and easily customizable structure makes it possible to make changes as processes naturally evolve, ensuring your teams and their processes’ performance.