Data Scientist / Senior Data Scientist
Pipefy is currently searching for an analytically strong, technically proficient and startup-ready professional to be our first-ever Data Science hire. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work within product development and other cross-functional teams for the analysis of products and experiments that deliver against the company’s vision and strategy. Reporting directly to the VP of Product Development, this is an excellent opportunity to grow with a scaling startup, as well as drive the scope of your role and career trajectory within the high-growth data-science community.
As Senior Data Scientist, your main responsibilities include working cross-functionally to analyze business priorities, build the story and the case for product improvements, greater experimentation, and higher ROI, and working with engineering, design and other cross-functional teams for analysis of product lines and features. To be successful in this role, you should have a passion for solving problems and growing business understanding through data.
What you´ll do:
- Collaborate with leadership, product development, and customer-facing functions to prioritize, develop and act on product data analyses and experimental hypotheses.
- Own the data environment for the company that enables us to run experiments and act on data we collect, as well as collaborate with engineering to ensure that the environment evolves with our needs and scale.
- Partner to drive the case for vendors, partners and implementation methods (e.g. tech stack, tools, core competencies, machine learning strategies) in our data environment, teams and related workflows.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Pipefy lean management platform and its myriad use cases through data as well as interactions with customer-users and internal stakeholders.
- Adopt a data-driven approach to analyze the implementation of features for business and customer impact.
- Develop predictive models of customer expansion and churn and partner with customer-facing teams to integrate them into workflows, refine practices and messaging accordingly.
- Analyze behavioral analytics to support experimentation and campaign optimization.
What we need you to have:
- At least 4 years work experience in a Data Science or Analytics function.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, problem solve, and present data for cross-functional action.
- Experience making data-driven decisions and recommendations to a senior group.
- Demonstrated examples of implementing data pipelines and related workflows.
- Expert-level SQL and data-visualization/management tool familiarity.
- Near-expert data-oriented programming languages (Python or R) — but don’t worry you will have Engineering support for production-quality implementations.
- Basic familiarity with AWS cloud computes and storage architectures.
- Good storytelling and aptitude for data visualization.
- Collaborative skills, including comfort with distributed teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- You should be in the EU/US timezone.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and with customers — your application submission and resume / CV should be in English.
It would be awesome if you have:
- A Mathematical or Computer Science concentration or you have a degree in a related field (we are more interested in your professional work).
- A Familiarity with enterprise IT, SaaS, systems integration and/or cloud technologies a plus (engineering experience is not required).
- A Client-facing experience in consulting capacities.
- A San Francisco location (if remote, must be willing to travel occasionally).
- Competitive Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits.
- Gym membership credit.
- Fully-stocked kitchen, subsidized team lunches.
- Off-hours Uber/Lyft.
Pipefy: The Lean Management Platform – Meet Us:
Lean management principles have proven to be transformative–but only for people with access to extensive training and resources. Pipefy changes that, with the first lean management platform. We believe that when doers have the tools they need to improve their work, without relying on anyone else, there’s no limit to what they can accomplish.
We make it easy to for anyone to streamline recurring business processes on their own, from employee onboarding to customer service to agile development. Our customizable, template-driven software helps people eliminate wasted time and effort and become more agile and efficient