Roadmap de Produto
O modelo gratuito de Roadmap de Produto do Pipefy irá te ensinar a priorizar as funcionalidades do seu produto com base em práticas recomendadas de gerenciamento de produto do mercado. Desde a definição do tipo de melhoria à medição avançada do impacto nos seus objetivos, tudo o que você precisa para planejar o futuro do seu produto está aqui.
*Este modelo de processo está em inglês.
Estrutura do modelo
Veja como está estruturado este template, este é apenas uma exemplo, você pode customizá-lo.
How does this feature/improvement impact our users?
1. Type of improvement?
- User awareness (help more users find you)
- User acquisition (makes more users sign-up)
- User activation (helps achieve our activation milestone)
- User core experience (makes our core experience better)
- User adoption (target those who don’t use the platform / feature)
- User frequency (get the user engage more with us)
- User conversion (makes more users convert to paid customers)
- User revenue (increase average spent per user)
- User retention (helps reduce your churn rate)
- User referral (help users share you product for more users)
2. What's the audience? (Think on the percentage of people achieved by this improvement.)
- Low - 0% to 30%
- Medium - 30% to 70%
- High - 70% to 100%
3. What is its Success metric?
- Always target a measurable KPI. Ex: ( number of referrals per user / emails sent per day / photos uploaded per user / visits per download )
4. What is the goal?
- Be quantitative! Ex: From 10% to 15%, from $ 12 to $14...
5. If we build, how satisfied will the user be?
- Won’t feel the difference
- Extremely satisfied/excited
6. If we don’t build, how dissatisfied the user will be?
- Won’t feel the difference
- Can live without it
- Extremely dissatisfied
7. Type of feature?
- Basic/threshold attributes
- Performance/linear/one-dimensional attributes
- Excite/delight attributes
- Indifferent attributes
- Reverse attributes
8. Do we have benchmarks for this feature? (optional)
- Tell us if there are benchmarks or examples to illustrate better the potential solution.
9. How much effort will it take to ship it?
Directory of possible tests. To be done soon… or someday in the future!
1. Want to ship? What is the priority?
- Top priority
- Low priority
Tests waiting to be done. Don’t forget to keep them prioritized!
1. How to prioritize what comes first? (help text)
2. How to share the feature/improvement with your development team? (help text)
Key test! It’s time to check if the improvement/feature achieved the user’s expectations and/or if it needs any improvement.
1. Beta checklist (optional)
- Update help documents)
- Internal tests
- Invite target users to try out
2. What beta users are testing? (optional)
- Define the group of customers that are currently testing the feature / improvement.
3. Beta users feedbacks? (optional)
- Share here the key points (doubts, suggestions, complaints, comments...)
Show time! Let’s spread the word about what’s new!
1. Communication guideline (optional)
- What is the user problem?
- What the feature / improvement does?
- What are the benefits
- How to use it?
- Use cases containing the target persona, his common problem, how he solved with the features and benefits.
2. Update/ post checklist (optional)
- Update help documents
- Update landing pages
- Send e-mail to the user base
- Send in-app message
- Post on blog
- Post on twitter
- Post on facebook
- Post on linkedin
Were we successful? It’s time to evaluate stuff!
1. Did the feature / improvement achieve its goal?
2. Lessons learned? (optional)
Rest in peace…