Human Resources (HR) teams know how quickly an inbox can spiral out of control. Recruitment, benefits management, vacation requests… the list goes on. Managing these requests requires a lot of back-and-forth through email, and that increases the risk of critical information falling through the cracks. If this sounds familiar, then maybe it’s time for a shared mailbox.
What is a shared mailbox?
Shared mailboxes are exactly what they sound like: email inboxes that several people on a team can access. You can usually spot a shared inbox by the email address, which is often not personalized such as “[email protected]”
Why should HR teams use a shared mailbox?
Consolidating email into a single, shared mailbox gives HR teams an advantage by simplifying their work and centralizing information. It also speeds up time to resolve complex processes that involve many different inputs or stakeholders.
For example, vacation request management typically requires action or information from the person requesting the vacation, a manager, and at least one HR team member.
Managing a single vacation request is simple, but that’s not the case for the five-person HR team that’s responsible for handling vacation requests for a hundred or more employees. In these situations, losing control and/or experiencing delays are common. And that’s only considering vacation requests: a typical HR team manages many other types of requests and related email correspondence.
Try Pipefy Shared Inbox now!Create your free account
Benefits of a shared mailbox for HR teams
- Centralized information. When all requests are directed to a single shared inbox, information can be more easily accessed, organized, managed, and resolved. Silos are interrupted and collaboration increases.
- Straightforward task delegation. Shared mailboxes allow you to designate specific email threads for individual team members. Responsibility for email management is diffused throughout the organization, without sacrificing control of or visibility into statuses or progress.
- Improved visibility. Granting access to your shared inbox to other team members ensures that no messages go unanswered for too long. This level of visibility can prove crucial for time-sensitive processes such as recruitment, where a slow or messy inbox can cost a company qualified talent.
- Reliable record keeping. Shared mailboxes provide a communication history that can be used to resolve requests, identify potential issues, and track performance. This information can also be used to plan and improve processes.
- Fewer distractions. Managing and coordinating multiple inboxes provides plenty of opportunities for distraction. A shared inbox speeds up email management by keeping team members focused and ensuring that information is tidy and easy to find.
- More time for higher priorities. The less time your team spends on email, the more time they have to keep your employees happy, healthy, and productive.
Try Pipefy Shared Inbox now!Create your free account
Best practices for using a shared mailbox
In order to get all the benefits of a shared inbox, you’ll need to adhere to some best practices. Here are a few tips that can help you optimize your team’s use of a shared mailbox:
- Educate your organization. Start by making sure everyone in your organization understands the benefits and purpose of the shared inbox, how it helps your company achieve its goals, and how a shared inbox optimizes the HR team’s internal processes.
- Prepare your team. Change might not be easy, but it’s often necessary. Help your team adapt and understand how moving from individual email addresses to a shared inbox benefits them personally. Make sure they know how to use each of your shared inboxes features.
- Add clarity with labels. Most shared mailbox solutions allow you to sort messages using labels. Labels help team members quickly identify and focus on emails that matter to them.
- Track productivity, resolve bottlenecks. Some shared mailboxes include an activity log which allows the team leader to assess productivity. Managers and team leaders can use this information to identify and address any bottlenecks in the team’s workflow.
- Create templates for common requests. Recurring and routine requests can be handled quickly and easily with templates. Simply create a standardized response template, give your team options to personalize essential elements (such as the greeting), click send, and then get on with your day.
- Maintain a consistent tone. With several team members using the same inbox, you’ll want to make sure all emails strike a consistent tone and remain on-brand with messaging and vocabulary. The simplest way to do this is by relying on shared inbox templates whenever possible.
Manage your HR team email with Pipefy Shared Inbox
Pipefy Shared Inbox simplifies email management for your HR team. The quick startup and fluid interface delivers results from day one.
- No email left behind. With Pipefy’s Shared Inbox, you’ll have complete visibility of all messages your HR team receives. You can delegate responsibilities to coworkers and ensure fast responses.
- Total visibility. With a shared view of communications, you can monitor messages, replies, and follow-ups.
- Better collaboration. No one will have to switch between tools or email accounts to engage with peers or find information. Every member of your team can see previous messages, add comments, build databases, and consolidate communication.
- Optimization through automation. Leverage easy-to-set automation to route emails, escalate messages, and send standard responses with templates.