An employee onboarding process is how companies integrate new hires within their company culture and goals, enabling them to be productive members of their new team.
Research shows the employee onboarding process is a crucial first impression for companies — and its long-term impact goes beyond the first couple of months. However, Gallup’s State of the American Workplace Report shows that only 12% of employees strongly agree their company does a great job onboarding new hires. But a Gallup paper on designing employee experiences reports that only 29% of new hires feel fully prepared and supported to excel in their new role following their onboarding experience.
Why do these numbers matter? A 2020 HR survey indicates 64% of employees are more likely to leave their new job within the first year due to a negative onboarding experience.
Don’t let bad onboarding keep you from retaining your best employees. Learn more about onboarding pain points and what smart forms can do to help improve the new hire experience.
|69% of employees will stay at a company for at least 3 years following a great onboarding experience|
58% of employees with a structured onboarding program are likely to stay more than 3 years
50% greater new-hire productivity with a standardized onboarding process
Common HR employee onboarding issues
According to a 2017 CareerBuilder survey:
- 36% of employers lack a structured onboarding process.
- 2 in 5 HR managers spend 3 hours or more per new employee manually collecting and processing onboarding information that could be automated.
For many HR professionals, a lack of structure and resources are the root cause of their onboarding problems — an issue that can be easily fixed with automation. Enter Pipefy Forms.
What are Pipefy Forms and how are they used?
Forms can be used to collect and organize information for requests like job applications, new-hire onboarding, or service requests. This is especially useful for teams working on complex, large-scale requests.
How to improve employee onboarding process?
Whether the issue is collecting information, a break-in process, or an inconsistent new-hire experience, here are three ways forms can relieve HR onboarding process pains:
- Save time with templates. Increase your team’s productivity with pre-built templates. And with customizable drag and drop fields, you can ensure you’ll receive all required documents and information to kick off your onboarding process.
- Centralize and automate communications with teams responsible for onboarding. Categorize requests with labels, receive alerts, and automate activities — all without a single line of code.
- Make the onboarding process easy for new hires. Intuitive and error-proof forms provide a clear structure, so employees know exactly what to share and how.
Watch the video below to find out how you can use Pipefy Forms to streamline your processes.
Empower your team with forms
As with any project, it’s all about what you do to set your team up for success. Pipefy’s no-code, easily customizable forms are the first intake of a process and the foundation for a successful workflow.
Plus, Pipefy forms can be shared with and accessed by anyone outside of your organization — no Pipefy account required.
Automations — like email automation or assignee automation — can help standardize and streamline the information needed to create a clear and structured onboarding process for all employees, every time.
With Pipefy, HR teams and managers are able to monitor the status of activities, create smart approval flows, assign tasks to team members, send automatic emails, and track important due dates.
Learn how one client’s HR team used a standardized form to manage 70 new employees per month and attain 134% ROI after just two months — and why Pipefy was named the employee onboarding solution of the year by the 2021 RemoteTech Breakthrough Awards