The multinational company VTEX is currently part of a select group of over ten unicorn startups from Brazil. They are present in over 46 countries and provide services for over 2,500 customers. They encourage businesses to launch marketplaces by developing platforms for collaborative commerce and connecting retailers, brands, and B2B manufacturers.
As a leader in collaborative commerce, VTEX provides numerous sales management tools to help companies prepare for the future. With the accelerated growth of 140% in 2020, VTEX has tripled in size since 2017. The company currently has over 1,300 employees and more than 300 open positions.
- Industry: Technology
- Company size: 1k to 5k employees
- Department using Pipefy: Human Resources
- Process: Employee Onboarding
With a growing number of new employees, managing an entire onboarding process became increasingly complex for the VTEX team. From welcome emails to receiving new employees, the team used to complete the whole flow manually, requiring a large and diligent workforce.
In August 2020, the company realized these manual processes needed to migrate to an automated solution to scale up. After mapping their entire flow, VTEX started using Pipefy, secure platform hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS), to manage the employee onboarding process.
VTEX quickly implemented their processes with high-value features in Pipefy. Their first goal was to collect all information and documentation necessary to hire and onboard new employees through an intuitive and error-proof form shared through a web link. After standardizing the input fields, VTEX accomplished automating several steps of the onboarding process, like sending automatic emails for new employees and automatic notifications for other teams involved in the onboarding process — such as IT and facilities, for example.
VTEX before Pipefy
- Manual management required a large and diligent workforce. The team used to manage the onboarding process with email and spreadsheets.
- New hires previously received a spreadsheet to fill out their information, generating some problems like lack of formatting in spreadsheets, typing errors, and lack of information.
- Errors were common during the flow, like the lack of information handoff among all teams involved in the onboarding process.
- Lack of visibility for managers with no way to centralize, to manage, or track the progress of each new hire.
VTEX after Pipefy
- Error-proof and intuitive form shared with new hires ensures the HR team collects all information necessary to automatically trigger tasks.
- Process automation allows processes to scale up more easily, making tasks like sending emails or notifying employees and other departments automatic.
- Employees’ database allows managers to search for specific information and measure indicators for diversity actions.
- All departments have a clear view and prediction on new employees' starting date and their needs because everything is centralized in one place.
employees successfully onboarded in nine months of usage