ServiceNow offers a suite of Business Process Management (BPM) software solutions to help companies streamline their workflows. Their main product is the enterprise-focused “Now Platform,” which is a comprehensive, but costly, solution. Fortunately, there are other BPM vendors such as Pipefy which offer cost-effective alternatives to ServiceNow that are easier to use and customize, as well as being quicker and less costly to implement.
Pipefy is a digital workflow platform that allows teams to independently build, deploy, and customize enterprise-class automated workflows — even with tight budgets and tight timelines. In this article, we’ll take a look at how Pipefy distinguishes itself from ServiceNow in several ways, making it the better choice for fast-growing startups and well-established companies beginning their digital transformation.,
Try Pipefy today!Create your free account
Frequently Asked Questions
What is ServiceNow?
ServiceNow is an American software company founded in 2003 and headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Its main product is the “Now Platform:” a suite of BPM solutions geared towards enterprise-level workflow management. ServiceNow has over 11,000 employees and 6,200 customers.
What are the main alternatives to ServiceNow?
Pipefy is the best digital workflow platform for front-line Enterprise managers and directors in HR, Customer Service, and IT looking for a more user-friendly, modern, and cost-efficient alternative to ServiceNow. It allows teams to build, deploy, and customize automated workflows independently. Pipefy is a low-commitment solution with better pricing, billing, and faster implementation.
What’s the difference between ServiceNow and Pipefy?
Compared to ServiceNow’s products, Pipefy has a series of advantages that can make it much more interesting for companies looking to streamline their processes quickly and without assistance from an IT professional (or department) — and at a lower cost. Here are some of the benefits:
- Easier to use: Pipefy was designed with ease of use in mind. This means it is easy to figure out and requires no special training or consulting. As such, it can be implemented much more quickly than ServiceNow’s solutions — even without bringing in your IT team.
- Simpler pricing: Because Pipefy is a single solution rather than a software suite, its pricing model is much simpler. Compared with ServiceNow’s offerings, Pipefy has more flexible plans for businesses of all sizes, which also means it offers faster ROI.
- Anyone can customize: Pipefy is a secure, IT-compliant platform that scales and grows with the organization for the long haul. And, it is also easy to customize without coding. With ServiceNow, your citizen developers will likely still need help from the IT department to make things work the way they want to.
- Completely no-code: Users with no prior IT knowledge can make full use of Pipefy’s main features. ServiceNow requires coding for some customizations, which makes it less adequate for citizen developers.
|User community to learn and exchange best practices||✔️||✔️|
|All features in one app||✔️||✖️|
|Designed for citizen developers||✔️||✖️|
|No-code customizable workflows||✔️||✖️|
|Simple, flexible pricing||✔️||✖️|
|Quick to implement, fast time-to-value||✔️||✖️|
Here’s why you should go with Pipefy
- Quick to implement: Pipefy was designed from the ground up with citizen developers in mind. This means anyone can use it to outline their department’s processes with no prior IT knowledge. Therefore, it is faster to implement than other solutions and allows your team to reap benefits much more quickly.
- Simple and accessible pricing: Whether you need a simple solution to sketch out your approval processes or a sophisticated software to manage workflows across your entire enterprise, Pipefy can do it. And, its pricing model makes it easy to avoid paying for features you don’t use, or scale your operations as needed. Pipefy also offers monthly contracts, while ServiceNow only offers annual contracts.
- Easy to customize: Pipefy’s intuitive and adaptable design means it can be deployed across a variety of departments. All teams, from Sales to Finance and Legal to Customer Success, can tailor processes to their own needs within minutes without having to ask the IT department for help. Pipefy also offers an extensive list of pre-made templates that can make adoption even easier.
- Anyone can use it: Training professionals to use BPM software only to have them leave the company months later can leave businesses in a delicate situation. But since Pipefy doesn’t require special training and offers full customer support, its users don’t run the risk of being stuck with a tool they can’t use. Hence, it handles market volatility and employee turnover much more effectively.
- Always up to date: ServiceNow puts out two new release families every year, and only customers who commit to those paid upgrades remain on a supported product. Alternatively, Pipefy constantly updates itself without charging users for new features and improved performance. And, Pipefy users have access to its entire customer support.
Here’s what our clients have accomplished with Pipefy
By applying automation to 46% of all email communication, an enterprise saved 600 hours of work time per quarter, releasing teams from manually writing over 3,000 messages.
By automating 49,000 of 60,000 internal requests and integrating all processes and departments, an accounting company saved 3,5 thousand work hours in only four months.
By adopting a no-code software and applying over 75 automation rules to support requests’ workflow, a global leader in medical technology began solving those requests 33% faster.
Try Pipefy today!Create your free account