The São Paulo State Sugarcane Farmers Cooperative (Coplacana) was the first agricultural cooperative for sugarcane farmers’ to be founded in the Brazilian state of São Paulo, in 1948. Currently, it offers over 12 thousand farming-focused items and comprehensive farming advisory services.
In an accelerated growth process, Complacana felt the need to improve its processes. Supported by Befire - Analytics Process Automation, a Pipefy partner company, the cooperative started a digital transformation process focused on automation routines and connecting flows that were being carried out manually and communicating with other processes.
- Industry: Agriculture
- Company Size: 201 - 500 employees
- Teams using Pipefy: Credit and Register, Finance, IT, Auditing, Sales, Human Resources
- Processes in Pipefy: New member registration, Credit Risk and Limit Analysis, Service Desk, IT Projects and Demand Management, Auditing and Internal Controllership, Capital Expenditure (CAPEX), Organizational Human Development, and many more.
After a thorough market research, Pipefy was chosen with the initial goal of avoiding data losses and errors in processes. After implementation in January of 2021, the team at Coplacan was able to quickly standardize their processes and begin to automate several repetitive tasks that used to be done manually.
One year after implementation, the team states that Pipefy’s flexibility and ease of customization had a fundamental role in the success of the partnership. Processes and systems that required IT assistance for implementation can currently be quickly customized by each department’s leader.
Coplacana before Pipefy
- Processes managed with several different tools: email, Excel, ERP, and Google Drive;
- Repetitive, non-scalable manual activities;
- Lack of process visibility and monitoring;
- Lack of communication regarding status updated or request conclusions;
- Missed deadlines, bottlenecked processes, and subprocesses;
- Lack of reports, reducing visibility over process improvement opportunities;
- Management reactive to events and incidents;
Coplacana after Pipefy
- End-to-end standardized processes on Pipefy, with different teams acting in over 30 branches;
- Standardization, speed, and process monitoring reducing operational costs and risk of errors;
- Easy to automate processes and create segmented communications;
- Capacity to control and manage each process’ lead time and SLA;
- Management, directors, and administrative council have total visibility of results with indicator reports;
- Reduced IT demands backlog;
- Increased accuracy in internal auditing controls.
reduction in average lead time (from 25 to 8 days) in credit limit analyses
credit analyses completed
hours saved with automations
hours saved with automated emails
API integration with a custom-made company portal.
Used for storing files and documents when a process is concluded.