Record to report (R2R)
Record to Report (R2R) is a Finance and Accounting (F&A) management process which involves collecting, processing and delivering relevant and accurate information in order to generate meaningful performance reports. Pipefy’s Record to report template is designed to streamline the Record to Report function, by breaking down the R2R process into manageable steps.
See how this template is structured. As this is just an example, you can customize it.
1. Responsible staff member
3. Fiscal year
Aggregate sub-ledger transactions
1. Phase checklist
- Record transactions as they are created, approved, and posted.
- Perform end-to-end intra and inter company accounting.
- Manage all interfaces.
2. Interfaces checklist
- General ledger
- ERP systems
- Legacy systems
- Other feeder systems
Analyze and adjust
1. Phase checklist
- Develop a timetable for completing reconciliation.
- Assign a formal owner to each account.
2. Is the financial balance reliable so far?
- No - check possible discrepancies
Integrate plans and forecasts
1. Establish a timetable.
2. Issue clear and concise instructions on what the report must be like.
3. Define well-documented procedures and policies.
1. Consolidation process
- Eliminate entries to remove intercompany transactions.
- Reflect ownership and equity accounts for the consolidated entity.
- Record various top-line allocations and adjustments.
2. Consolidation made through:
- Consolidation tool
- Withing general ledger
1. Report date
2. Documents generated
- Balance sheet
- Income statement
- Cash flow
- Other regulatory requirements
3. Copy of the documents
4. Were the documents approved by the board of directors?
- No - adjust as requested
5. Were the documents approved by the appropriate authority?
- No - Adjust
6. After approval, send the stakeholders the final report.
- Internal reporting
- External reporting
- Regulatory reporting
7. Final report
Upcoming year's goal
1. Based on the current year's financial report, what is the upcoming year's financial goal?