The market for BPM software is expected to reach $14.4 billion by 2025, according to a Markets and Markets forecast. Growth in AI, increased dependence on machine learning, and the need for process automation are the forces shaping the future of BPM for industries such as manufacturing, finance, insurance, and telecom.
Today, there are many BPM and workflow solutions available to choose from. While many promise similar solutions, a key difference among them is often their degree of versatility. In other words, how many processes can they orchestrate?
Here we’ll break down the pros and cons of two competitor platforms — and why one is the better choice for teams across all industries.
What is Pipefy?
Pipefy is a no-code/low-code business process management (BPM) platform that empowers “doers” to organize and control their work in a single place. Founded in 2015, Pipefy has more than 600 employees and clients across 150 countries, and has offices in San Francisco, California and Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil.
Here’s a quick glance at the departments and industries using Pipefy for end-to-end process orchestration solutions:
- HR, Finance, Marketing, IT, Customer Success, Sales, Legal
- Manufacturing, Telecom, Healthcare, Retail, Financial Services, Public Sector, Media
What is Monday.com?
Monday.com is a cloud-based workflow management solution. Founded in 2012 and based in Tel-Aviv, Monday.com has offices in New York, Miami, San Francisco, London, Sydney, and has more than 700 employees and 110,000 customers.
Monday.com is typically used for project management in areas such as marketing, sales, design, software development, and HR.
What are some of the alternatives to Monday.com?
What are the main differences between Pipefy and Monday.com?
Monday.com allows users to create simple automations and integrate with existing software, but the options are limited and often require workarounds or additional costs. With Pipefy, users create custom recipes across multiple workflows for true end-to-end process management — not just a task manager or visual to-do lists for projects.
While both options offer tiered product plans, in addition to a free option, below is a breakdown of how the two platforms stack up and how Pipefy stands out.
|No-code/low-code BPM formulated with citizen developers in mind||✔️||✖️|
|Process orchestration tool built for collaboration between multiple people, teams, and departments across complex and sophisticated processes||✔️||✖️|
|Shared inbox to manage shared email accounts such as contact@, support@, and finance@||✔️||✖️|
|Portals to store all service request forms, policies, rules and guidelines||✔️||✖️|
|Full customer support on all plans||✔️||✖️|
|Email automation and email templates to streamline communication flow||✔️||✖️|
|End-to-end process templates||✔️||✖️|
|Automations available for free users||✔️||✖️|
|Dashboards for free users||✔️||✖️|
|Assign comments to team members||✔️||✖️|
|Customizable enterprise product option||✔️||✖️|
|Request tracker for external stakeholders||✔️||✖️|
Pipefy vs Monday.com: Why Pipefy makes sense
Pipefy is the best digital workflow platform for citizen developers, managers, and directors looking for a more robust, no-code/low-code, and customizable alternative to Monday.com. Other features that make Pipefy stand out include:
- End-to-end process management for complex workflows. Don’t rely on a workaround to solve your process issues. With tailored automations for your team’s needs, you can do more with fewer resources, and make your business processes efficient and error-proof.
- Shared inbox. Never miss an important email or update again. With Pipefy’s shared inbox, gain full visibility of your team’s work and make sure no message goes unanswered.
- Access for non-users. Communicate with all of your stakeholders without leaving the platform, and enable customers, employees, vendors, and all requesters to track submissions independently — even if they don’t have a Pipefy account!
- Support across all plans. Pipefy offers the same level of customer support to all its customers. Monday.com, on the other hand, has tiered customer support which can make implementation even more challenging.
- No-code/low-code platform made for citizen developers. Pipefy is a truly no-code platform for citizen developers wanting to automate extremely complex processes without writing a single line of code. Experienced IT professionals can also use their skill to expand Pipefy’s capabilities. With Monday.com, however, coding is required for more customization in its workflow features.
How teams succeed with Pipefy
Your team is a valuable driver for your company’s success. Take the grunt work out of their day to day, and transform your teams into strategic partners. Here’s how Pipefy has empowered doers across many departments and industries to create change:
- GE Healthcare — a global leader in medical technology and digital solutions — began solving requests 33% faster by applying over 75 automation rules to support requests’ workflow.
- Berneck — the largest wood exporter in Brazil — saved 600 hours of work time per quarter, releasing teams from manually writing over 3,000 messages by applying automation to 46% of all email communication.
- Agilize — Brazil’s first online accounting company — saved 3,5 thousand work hours in only four months by automating 49,000 of 60,000 internal requests and integrating all processes and departments.
Pipefy is a no-code/low-code business process management (BPM) platform that empowers “doers” to organize and control their work in a single place.”