Pipefy’s Free Employee Offboarding template is a step by step process, specially designed to guide your company’s HR on offboarding employees: from preparing the offboarding, gathering all the necessary documentation, drafting and signing the agreements, and collecting the company equipment and revoking the applications access.
See how this template is structured. As this is just an example, you can customize it.
Prepare to offboard the employee!
1. Detail why the employee is being offboarded
2. Was the manager/employee informed of the offboarding?
- Manager was informed
- Employee was informed
3. Was the termination letter sent?
4. Was the offboarding checklist sent to the employee?
6. Backup all the employee's files
Time to sign the papers!
1. Was the separation agreement signed?
2. Attach the signed separation agreement
3. Was the final paycheck sent?
4. Final paycheck
5. Last day of work
Conduct the exit interview
1. Date of the interview
2. Things that need to be discussed in the exit interview
- Company's image
- Impediments to career advancement
- View of the corporation's facilities
- Relationship with former manager and colleagues
- Internal climate
- Opinion on the performance of other sectors
- Reason for termination, in case of voluntary resignation
- Internal communication
- Issues that can be improved in the company
- Feedback on HR work
3. Important information retrieved from interview
Time to collect all the company hardware, files and revoke his/her accesses to the applications.
1. Handover checklist
- Collect company owned hardware
- Collect company files
- Collect access key/access card
2. IT Checklist
- Remove employee from Pipefy
- Remove employee from all the software
- Remove employee's phone number
- Remove from website
- Delete email addresses
Successfully offboarded employees.