Finance teams are judged on their accuracy and speed, and efficient email management plays a critical role in both metrics. Whether it’s managing vendors, creating invoices, or delivering quarterly reports, your team needs access to centralized information and communications.
What is a shared mailbox?
Shared mailboxes are exactly what they sound like: email inboxes that several people on a team can access. You can usually spot a shared inbox by the email address, which is often non-personalized such as “[email protected]”
How can finance teams benefit from a shared mailbox?
Shared inboxes bring simplicity and speed to email management. They also make life easier for your finance team by improving visibility and organization.
The benefits of a shared inbox for your finance team include:
Centralized information: When all requests are directed to a single shared inbox, information can be more easily accessed, organized, managed, and resolved. Silos are interrupted and collaboration increases.
Easy archiving. A shared mailbox serves as a hub for the finance team’s email contact with internal and external clients, so it provides an archive of essential documents and exchanges. Having a single location for all these messages makes it easy to review past transactions and can also expedite legal, compliance, and auditing processes.
Straightforward task delegation. Administrators of a shared mailbox can assign email threads to other members. They can also allow team members to take up duties for themselves as they become available.
Faster response times. Distributing tasks among users of the shared mailbox ensures that no message goes unanswered for too long. Having several team members in charge of communications prevents important correspondence from falling through the cracks.
Trackable progress. Most shared mailbox solutions offer an activity log or similar feature. This makes keeping track of many assignments at the same time much more straightforward. It’s also useful for tasks that stretch out over time, such as invoicing and vendor management.
Increased productivity. The same activity log that helps coworkers keep track of their tasks can also help the team leader verify that everyone is at peak performance. Having a record of each team member’s interactions in the shared mailbox improves accountability and allows anyone to quickly know who to look for if they need information on a particular client.
Try Pipefy Shared Inbox now!Create your free account
Best practices for finance teams using shared mailboxes
Shared mailboxes work best when all team members use them consistently. Since every finance team has its own distinct processes, it will be helpful to build a set of best practices around its use. These include:
- Manage permissions: After creating a shared mailbox, you’ll need to decide who will be able to access it and what each user will be able to do. This is one of the first steps of setting up your mailbox, but it’s essential to do it carefully to ensure that each team member has all the information they need to work efficiently.
- Follow security protocols: Finance teams often send and receive sensitive data. Because of that, all users of the shared mailbox must be mindful of the company’s information security guidelines. Sensitive information can be labeled within the shared inbox for ease of identification.
- Add clarity with labels: Most shared mailbox solutions allow you to sort messages using labels. Labels help team members quickly identify and focus on emails that matter to them.
- Create templates for speed and consistency: Message template messages make it easy for your team to respond to routine or recurring requests. Templates also bring consistency to your email tone and messaging.
- Automate tasks with integrations: Much of your finance department’s work starts with an email. Shared inboxes can be integrated with the other apps your team uses to provide a seamless email and data management experience with common finance tools such as Expensify and Quickbooks.
Try Pipefy Shared Inbox now!Create your free account
Manage your finance team email with Pipefy Mailbox
If your team is experiencing email communication issues — such as wasting time looking for documents in several inboxes, not knowing who’s in charge of which requests, or letting crucial information fall through the cracks — Pipefy Shared Inbox can help.
It improves your finance team’s productivity by giving you complete visibility into your messages, assigning clear responsibilities, and facilitating end-to-end collaboration.
- No emails left behind. With Pipefy’s Shared Inbox, you’ll have complete control of all messages your finance team receives. You can delegate responsibilities to coworkers and ensure fast responses.
- Full visibility. With a shared view of communications, you can monitor messages, replies, and follow-ups.
- Collaboration with no distractions. No one will have to switch between tools or email accounts to engage with peers or find information. With a Pipefy Shared Inbox, every member of your team can see previous messages, add comments, build databases, and consolidate communication.
- Efficiency through automation. Leverage easy-to-set automation to route emails, escalate messages, and send standard responses. Move faster and increase productivity by integrating Pipefy with your favorite tools.
Help your team centralize information, reduce response times, and reclaim time wasted hunting and organizing fragmented email threads. Try Pipefy Shared Inbox today.