Pipefy’s Free Feature Release template is a step-by-step process, specially designed to help your company’s product management team organize the releasing of new features.
This template will help you to plan the communication, release the feature for beta testing and spread the word about it when you set it live.
See how this template is structured. As this is just an example, you can customize it.
Define the priority of releasing each feature!
1. What's the priority?
- High Priority
- Low Priority
Put the beta version out there!
1. Beta checklist
- Internal tests
- Invite target users to try out the new feature
2. Which beta users are testing?
3. Beta invite communication
4. Beta users feedback
5. Did the feature tests achieved its expected results?
Time to build the communication strategy for the feature release!
1. Updates/communication checklist
- Update help documents
- Update landing pages
- Send email to the user base
- Send in-app message to affected users
- Post on blog
- Post on twitter
- Post on facebook page
2. What are the communication guidelines?
Let the users know what’s new!
1. Was the feature released?
2. Release date
3. Was the communication released?
4. When was the feature released?
5. Expected results
Congratulations! Your new feature is up and running!
Old things, abandoned ideas…